You can access a lot of products and services while accessing your emails, contacts, and events. Microsoft Outlook is one of the best applications that can help you meet such needs. Microsoft Outlook has released a couple of versions over the years to meet the growing demands of its clients. So, what is the best version of Microsoft Outlook? Read on.
In this article, the focus will be among the versions from 2010 up to 2019. The article will try to bring out the difference between various features of the versions released over these years to identify the best version of Microsoft Outlook.
The reason behind choosing the 2010 version and beyond is that they offer a more modern touch on their services compared with the previous version.
The Difference between Outlook 2013 and 2010
The outlook 2010 debuted with various features that include:
- Additional command-line switches
- Quick setups, and individual commands that can allow the users to handle different actions at the same time
- Spell check
- Meeting schedules with a contact when you intend to reply to a message
- Multiple exchange accounts support for a single profile
With the version 2013, it debuted with features such as:
- Improvements on the IMAP
- Outlook data files compression
- People hub
- Start-up performance improvement
- Add-in resiliency
- Improvements in the start-up performance
- Exchange ActiveSync (EAS)
From the features that these two versions debuted with, there are quite a couple of differences that resulted. Some of these differences include:
- A quicker and easier way to connect with people using the Exchange Active Sync ( EAS), navigation bar and the social connectors
- Ability to keep track with emails and work schedule through people card, peeks and share your calendar
- Easy way to find information that you need through features such as a search facility and the weather bar
The Difference between version 2016 and 2019
The next two new Outlook releases feature the versions 2016 and 2019, respectively. Each version has different features meant to meet the needs of its clients. For the version 2016, its release had the following features:
- Clutter folder
- Search cloud
- Ability to attach to the cloud resource through a link
- Group redesign
- Email Address internationalization
With the version 2019, its release has featured different features such as:
- A one-click fix to issues related to accessibility
- Focused inbox
- An improved visual impact
- A view that shows three time zones
- Ability to listen to your emails
- Ability to mark emails as read while deleting them
- Excellent reminders that include different ways of notification
- Ability to sort the emails to make them more accessible
- An enhanced meeting organizer
- Ability to automatically download attachments from the cloud
The new version of 2019 brings a lot of improvement compared with 2016 one. Some of the significant differences include:
- Capacity to read messages from your email
- Easy way to organize your emails and
- An excellent way to keep up to date with your schedule through the notifications provided
So, what should you consider when making your choice?
The obvious answer to such a question is the level of usability that each version has to offer. Of course, the 2019 version provides a top-notch edge compared with the later versions, but there is some aspect that one has to consider.
These consideration matters according to the kind of computer you have. Your computer will need to meet requirements such as:
- A processor that have 1.6 GHz processing power and a minimum of 2 cores
- A RAM of 4 GB if you have Windows and a minimum of 4.0 GB space for Windows and 10 GB for a mac
- Direct X9 or a later version, with WWDDM 2.0 or higher for windows. On the other hand, Mac does not require any graphic requirements.
Making your choice for the best version of Microsoft Outlook can be a tough decision. However, with the features provided above, you are in a better position of making the best choice that matches your needs. Besides that, you must be sure of your budget before you decide on any of the above versions.